Top Ten Tuesday – Top Ten Books on my autumn 2013 TBR List
March 12, 2013 § Leave a comment
In an attempt to increase the frequency of my updates here, I’m jumping on the book meme bandwagon. Specifically, The Broke and the Bookish’s Top Ten Tuesday feature because I like lists. Who doesn’t?
My rather late arrival at the Top Ten Tuesday party falls on the week where we list the top ten books on our spring 2013 TBR lists. Living in good ol’ Oz, we’re heading into autumn. No wait, we’re in autumn; it just doesn’t feel like it yet (a week of 30+ degree days will do that).
I realised a couple of weeks ago, when reading Wuthering Heights as the rain fell outside during a seasonal blip, how lovely it is to have your surroundings reflect the atmosphere of the book you’re reading. Wanting to capture that feeling heading into autumn, I’ve tried to select books that have an autumnal quality about them, whether that’s reflected in the cover art or the themes of the story; namely, change.
1. Letters to the End of Love by Yvette Walker
2. The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón
3. There Should be More Dancing by Rosalie Ham
4. Tender Morsels by Margo Lanagan
5. Great House by Nicole Krauss
6. A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness & Jim Kay
7. The Amber Amulet by Craig Silvey
8. The Watch Tower by Elizabeth Harrower
9. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
10. The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho